Thursday, August 23, 2012

Origami-dog pack...


So, this is my latest art project:  

Origami thank-you cards for contributors to our spay and neuter clinics for area dogs and cats. 

Most of my friends know that this is a project near and dear to us and our way of promoting inter-specie friendships.  Through donations and volunteers we fund and run monthly clinics free of charge through our group, Bahia Matanchen Animals.

This is an origami dog that I learned to fold while visiting my mother and joining her in Tucson's Japanese Culture and Origami Meet-Up Group.  

Origami is the Japanese art of paper folding. But you knew that...

I first learned folding from my grandmother.  When my sisters and I were young she made us a bound book filled with origami animals, flowers and birds.  It's one of my treasures.

One Christmas many years ago my son and I folded cranes by the dozens to hang on our Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  It is one of my fondest memories. 
 
It is a wonderful craft which still inspires me.  

I don't live near a Michael's so I had to make my own envelopes.  I took an envelope apart and re-sized it to fit folded A-4 paper, made a template and cut and glued them.  They turned out very cute, don't you think? 

No comments: